Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year, everyone! Pretty uneventful around here. Although, hubby was a year older when he got up yesterday. New Years Eve is his birthday! Happy Birthday, honey! I made some of my super fabulous cupcakes for his birthday, and we had hamburger poutine for supper...with fries cooked in oil!! It is a treat-usually we try not to fry much!
So, here I am, at my much neglected blog-the holidays took over and the blog suffered..I feel bad-I would like to share every single part of our holidays with you, but time is so short, and my computer is on her last leg. We need to baby her until tax time!!
I do have an exciting announcement, however! I have been asked to stay on for another year at Buzz and Bloom! I am very excited to be working with some of the same talented ladies I did last year, along with some new talent that will knock your socks off, as well! Stay tuned for great things!
So here are a few things that I made for gifts for the holidays...
This sign I made for my brother in law for Christmas. He is the assistant fire chief for his volunteer fire department. It is completely weather proofed with spar urethane. He really liked it!


This one I was hired to make by my sister in law for HER in laws. They have horses and she thought it would be perfect. She said they really liked it! I am very rarely commissioned to do a custom sign, so this was kind of fun!

This is a little tin of candies I made for my secret sister. I saw the idea for them on SCS back in the fall. I ordered the tins from Specialty Bottle, and they were on back order for months! They came about 2 weeks before Christmas, and this was the first tin I made. It was worth the wait, they were only 80 cents each. 12 hershey nuggets fit perfectly in the tin, and I stamped on blank white address labels and wrapped them around each nugget. Really an eye pleasing gift!!


This is an altered set I made for two very special people in my life..they each got an address book, a pocket calendar, and a journal. I used my old standby, Roses in Winter from SU!, for the stamps. I also used Barely Banana, Regal Rose, and Certainly Celery Ink and Cardstock. They turned out really pretty!





Here is Cody with his very exciting Christmas present!! No further explanation needed, right??

This is Peter with one of his Christmas presents, a new fishing reel. So he and Cody can go catch some big ones and tell more tales!!

Here is Brodie Blue on her first Christmas! She didn't quite no what to think. Harley, on the other hand, knew exactly what was going on. Wrapping paper equals doggie treats! They each got a new John Deere leash, a pig's ear (yuck, I know,) an indestructable tennis ball-Brodie's lasted all of 10 minutes..indestructable...HA! They obviously didn't test them on a Blue Heeler!! They also each got a box of treats for their Kong toys..
We had a wonderful holiday. But I must admit, I will be glad to get back to my regular schedule...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a blessed New Years!!!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Happy New Year!
Great photos! Love seeing your goodies, cool projects and happy family!

Congrats on Buzz & Bloom! Woo Hoo!

Tracy said...

now thats the look on cody's face i was lookin forward to seeing :-)
sounds like a lovely holiday. happy new year miss kl

Lisa Renéa said...

Such fun photos! So glad Santa gave Code Man the Wii! Very cool! Love seeing Brody--too cute!

Sue McGettigan said...

You've been a busy Elf Keri - hope you're enjoying the change of pace for New Year - I love the calmer post-holiday period :)