Good morning! I thought it best to get this done NOW before things got hairy!
This is my submission for Day 5 of the Spring Fever Challenge
Today's requirements were a
use your favorite color
and we have to include a challenge for Denise!
My card uses my favorite color, green! I used Wild Wasabi CS and Ink, and the Patterned paper is DULCE-island blossoms. Scalloped circle punch, and Wild West Alphabet, along with certainly celery ribbon!
Doing this challenge has really been fun!!
Friday, March 28, 2008
Thursday, March 27, 2008
So, it has been two weeks already! These will be my nails for the next two weeks. I don't normally get art done on all 10, but these were so cute I couldn't resist. I know they are kind of off the wall, and if I were a professional, they wouldn't fly, but hey! I am a free spirit...None of my jobs have dress codes, and if this is the only spring I can have right now, so be it!
I also made this sympathy card tonight. I used Roses in Winter, Weathered, and God Bless. Pretty in Pink, Positively Pink, and Regal Rose for the roses, and Always Artichoke and Mellow Moss for the greenery and the background stamp. Thanks for looking and have a good night, eh?!?!
Okay, so I know it is really late, and this photo is not great, but you get the idea! The longer my week goes on, the busier it gets, as a rule, so tomorrow will be very challenging with two toddlers here with me!
Today's requirements for Denise's Spring Fever Challenge were as follows:
1. Your card must contain a tag
2. Your card must display the color red somewhere on it
3. Your card must have some sort of bling
4. In the blog post on her blog, we are supposed to list our favorite song, candy, and color.
For this card I used Reason to Smile. I used the two SU! tag punches, SU! White craft ink and white EP, and a scrap of patterned paper. CS is real Read and Doodlebug Bazzill aqua. So, I have the tag, I have the red, the bling is the red stickles on the scalloped edge, and on the butterfly!
As for my favorites: Green, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and my favorite song?? Oye..there are so many! I would say the hymn "It Is Well With My Soul" is my favorite!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Got definite word today that the surgery for Cody's plantars warts is next Wednesday. We will have a pre-op appointment on Monday, and then we have to be at the hospital at 5:45 on Wednesday morning. Please remember us in prayer, that the Lord will give the Dr. wisdom and guidance, but also for Cody, and to be completely honest, that our portion of the expense won't be too huge! Thank you for all your support!
Hello! Here is my submission for day 3 of Denise's Spring Fever Challenge. You can check out her blog and the challenge by visiting All Things Stamped. Today had a few more requirements-but I got through it unscathed!!
We had to create a card with a funky fold-it could't be just folded in half..
The card also had to be decorated inside and out, have something done with individual letters, and it HAD to have polka dots!
So, I definitely folded it "funkily" by having the sides meet in the middle. (check!)I used SU! Summer Sun, Whisper White and Sage Shadow Cardstock, and Doodlebug Bazzill Orange Cardstock. I am not sure what the brand of the patterned paper is.
I decorated the inside by adding a polka dotted panel matching the panels on the front of the card. (dots and decorated, check, check!)
Last but certainly not least, I used SU! Tall Takes Alphabet to stamp Happy, and the word Birthday and the bracket are from Purple Onion Designs. (check!)
Ribbon is Offray, and Dots, Dashes and Checks. Stamp set is Blooming with Happiness, and I colored it with ink and blender pens. I went over the black lines with a clear stardust pen, which I am pleased to say can be seen in the photo! It really looks cool!
Black ink is Jet Black Staz On.
I used 3M Dual Lock on the closure!
Thanks for looking!!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Here is my submission for day two of the Spring Fever Challenge over at All Things Stamped!
The guidelines today were at 4x4 inch black and white card, no patterned paper, only black ink, and you could use any stamp!
I used Basic Black and Whisper White cardstock, and Jet Black Staz On ink. I embossed the background with the cuttlebug, and used SU! circle and Scalloped circle punches. Stamp is retired SU! Cool Cat, and ribbon is satin from Michael's. Hard to see, but I used Black Diamond Stickles on the scalloped punch....
This was another fun challenge! Can't wait for tomorrow!!
Monday, March 24, 2008
I happened across a Spring Fever challenge, while I was reading the boards at SCS! Denise, over at All Things Stamped is holding a 5 day challenge, so I thought I would give it a try. It is nice to have a challenge to point you in the right direction! Today's challenge was to make a card with a bird, so here is my submission!!
It is an Autumn Leaves bird stamp, and the same for the swirl on the background. The "a little note" sentiment is from Purple Onion Designs. It also follows SC167, and CC141. It uses Pretty in Pink cardstock and ink, Wild Wasabi Cardstock and Ink, and Whisper White Cardstock. I also used Going Gray Ink, blender pen, edge distresser, pink and white gingham ribbon, and Cuttlebug asterisks cut in patterned paper (Doodlebug), Wild Wasabi CS, and pink felt. Thanks for looking!!
Here are a couple more cards that I rec'd, for Easter, and for my birthday!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Happy Easter Everyone! I decided to share all the Easter cards I have rec'd so far. They are all so beautiful!
The next one is from my friend, Laurie. I love that giant flower!! It sparkles in the middle, but it is hard to see in the photo. I love this one!!
The next one is from Peter's grandma. I always make her a card for every occasion-she looks for them! So she sent us an Easter card this year. So cute!!
The last one is the Easter card I made this year. I used the Wild Wasabi paper special that SU! was running, with the misfit textured cardstock. I cut one end off it, to make it a matchbook card. I stuck some patterned paper on it, punched some circles out, and used some of that funky velcro for the closure! Very easy, and cute!Happy Easter! From our family to yours!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
I am back! I took pictures of my completed cake, that we will have at Mom and Daddy's tomorrow for Easter dessert after Church! It has 3 layers of chocolate cake. I made the extra batter into mini cupcakes for the kiddos. I got a new decorating tip-Wilton 8B-the biggest star tip there is. It is even too big for a coupler! You just stick it down into a decorating bag, and use it as is! I layered the three cakes, and gave them a crumb coat. Then I covered the entire cake with giant stars! For the cupcakes, I did some stars, and some swirls. I decorated the cake with polka dots (non-pareils) and the cupcakes with Snow-Caps.
Look at what my hubby and son got for me for my birthday! I played with it a bit, but just know I will make very good use of it!! I was so excited!
Here is a card I got today, from my friend, Peggy! The pink and brown match the cake! Thanks, Peg! It is a beautiful card!
Have a good night! kl
This card is from a stamping friend I have here in town, Laurie.
I also got a cute tag album, card, and a bunch of goodies from Lisa Renea.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Hello! I am here...starting to come out of hibernation! We had a very busy weekend and yesterday I worked all day and then had to take Cody to the podiatrist after school. We got word yesterday that Cody will most likely have to have surgery on his feet very soon. The "most likely" part involves our ongoing battle with health insurance. We are on a month to month basis, we find out towards the end of the month if we will have insurance the next month. The amount of $$ that Peter's employer puts up for his insurance is not as much as the premium. If we cannot cover the difference, we lose our insurance. So in another week or so, we will find out if we will have insurance, and if we can go forward with the surgery on Cody's feet. He has to have over a dozen plantar's warts removed, and will have to be put under for the surgery. As a Mom, I am freaking out!! That is where you all come in! I am asking for you to please pray for us! For the insurance situation, as well as the surgery itself. I am very upset about him having to go through this. I really need to know if this is the right thing to do. Please pray for us! Thank you!
So, here is the coolest idea I have found in a long time! I saw this on a SCS blog a few weeks ago, and knew it is exactly what I needed to hold all my large punches! It is just a curtain rod, on curtain brackets! Mine is fairly short, so it did not require a support in the center, I expect if it was longer, it would. Now I can see which punch is which, and grab it in a snap!!
Here is the front of a new sweatshirt I treated myself to as a bit of an early birthday present last weekend! My brother in law is not going to like this one at all!! We are John Deere fans-well, I AM! And my brother in law is a Case mechanic! Nuf said!!
Last, but certainly not least-here is Cody's new sled! We have been looking for a reasonably priced, decent running "beater" for him for a while. We finally found one! A 1989 Artic Cat Cougar! He is so excited. Now if the snow just hold on--**can't believe I just said that** for a bit longer, he can enjoy it. The things a mother will sacrifice for their young!!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
Have a great night! **Keri**
Sunday, March 09, 2008
Here is what I used:
Wild Wasabi Cardstock and Inkpad
Jet Black Staz On Inkpad
Su! Basic Black Cardstock
Purple Onion Designs "St. Patrick's Day" sentiment
Blender Pen, Scalloped Circle and Circle Punches, Ticket Corner Punch
Michael's $1.000 stamp, SU! Crosshatch Background, SU! Happy Everything
SU! Certainly Celery Grosgrain Ribbon
I love to make cards that open in the front like this one, but it is hard to keep them closed. Then I came across this cool velcro stuff my cousin Lauri had given me. It is like velcro, but it is clear, and both sides are the same, but they still hook together. It is called 3M Dual Lock. It is the best stuff EVER!! So I affixed the dual lock on the back of the black diamond piece, and on the right flap. It was a success! I took two extra pics, one so you could see the dual lock on both sides, and the other so you could see the inside!
I also filled the card with miniature shamrocks that I found at Joann's. They are loose and *I think* made to scatter across tables like confetti? Anyway, I scattered some at the base of the card so you could see those, too!
Friday, March 07, 2008
I found out yesterday that I have been tagged by my dear friend Andi! Thanks, Andi!! First let me say that I am covered with bananas and boogers and it isn't even 9 am. Will I get through this day?? Okay, back to business...I love Andi's blog- Andi's Perfect Gravy. I visit it daily! We share very similar lifestyles, and I felt a connection to her as soon as I read her blog for the first time. That was last fall! I have been hooked ever since!
Here are the rules:
Here are the rules: (They are simple):
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their site..
Now, here are my 6 non-important things/habits/quirks!
1. I always put on my socks and shoes in sock-shoe, sock-shoe order. I saw on Oprah one time that most people do sock-sock, shoe-shoe...but not me!!
2. I adore peanut butter with every breath of my soul. Every...breath....Straight peanut butter..peanut butter cups...peanut butter M&M's, frosting, cookies, you name it...I love it!!
3. I love the mail. I cannot wait until the rural carrier comes every day, and Peter and Cody both know NOT to touch the mailbox, it is MY JOB!! People have lost fingers for touching my mailbox!!
4. I have the talent of spotting spiders from the smallest one to the largest hairy chicken coop spider from miles away. My Mom calls it spider radar. I am so petrified of spiders, I guess I am always looking for them, even subconsciously....
5. If I see spiders, I dream about them...that night....without question...every time!! Last time I saw spiders, it was on Animal Planet, and they were crawling in a large group. Like the whole area was crawling with them. Well, I went to bed that night, and woke up about half an hour later, just sure that I saw spiders crawling all over in my armpits!! Yup!! So I leapt out of bed, jumping up and down, stripped all my clothes off, and then woke up. Peter was sitting up in bed looking at me as if I had lost my mind!! I picked my clothes, went to the bathroom where I could turn the light on, and thoroughly examined my clothes for bugs. I am always SO SURE that there are spiders!! Weird, I know!!
6. I love to sleep. Not just love-but adore with every fiber, to sleep. It comes so rarely to me(spiders...) that when I do get sleep, I just adore it! I love to take afternoon naps in bed under the covers, I love a 10 minute power nap on the couch, and I love to crawl into bed at night...You would think that I sleep all the time-I do not, but I can wish! There is nothing like a nap with the sun shining down on you!!
Okay, here are the gals I am tagging:
1. Michelleo at Stamps, Paper, Scissor, and Donkey Smiles. Her blog is fairly new, I found it last week ove at SCS. Her cards are amazing works of art! And her donkeys are the cutest things EVER!!
2. Maureen at More of ReenS Creations. This is another new blog that I have found. Maureen has some great projects, and the cutest little doggie! Her blog has a real personal touch, the first time I read it, I felt like I knew her!
3. Darce at the Scalloping Stamper. Darce just started her blog. It is beautiful! Her work is gorgeous, and her blog is very inviting. I know she would appreciate your visits! You remember how it was when you first started blogging??
4. Jean-It's in the Cards. I found this blog through SCS a couple weeks ago, but forgot to bookmark her!! It took me over a week to locate her, and now that I found her, I want to make sure everyone sees her blog!! Her work is adorable!
5. Terri at Truly Blessed. She has some beautiful projects, and it a fellow Christian! Hey, Terri!
6.Debbie at Graceful Stamping. Another fellow Christian whose blog I found at SCS. Her projects are stunning! She has her own machine embroidery business, too! Her craft room is amazing!!So that's it! I think I remembered everything. I hope everyone visits the 6 I tagged. They are wonderful!! Have a great Friday! Keri
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Wednesday, March 05, 2008
Hey there! Well, on a whim, I decided to change up my look a little bit. Now that I figured out how to change background color, who knows what I may come up with next. But for now, we are entering into sugaring season, so I thought this was fitting. I was getting pretty sick of the ice covered barbed wire, and the green background! So, what do you think??? Keri
Take your piece of ribbon, approximately 3 times the length of your card, and lay it down over the front of the card, lengthwise.
Figure III Take the ends of the ribbon and wrap them around the edges of the card, and put them through the hole from the inside of the card. The ends will be heading out the whole and peaking through the front of the card.
Figure IV- Turn card back over so you are looking at the front, and pull those ends through the hole all the way. One tail should be on each side of the ribbon stretching down the length of the front of the card.
Figure V-- Tie ribbons in a square knot or a bow, and you are done!!
Now remember, now that you know how to tie this bow, you could punch and tie it anywhere along the length of the card. You are not limited to the center. That is the great thing about tying it this way, no matter where you put the hole (which determines where the bow/knot goes), it is very secure! Thanks for reading, and have a safe and great Wednesday!