Sunday, December 31, 2006
Friday, December 29, 2006
Friday, December 22, 2006
This is my Christmas Village. The pieces come blank, and you have to paint them all yourself! I am at a stand-still, though, cause I am out of room, and I can't do anymore!
This is the white tree I put in our bedroom. I have always wanted a tree in my room. And always loved the white trees, so I finally got one a couple of years ago. It has blue and white lights on it, and a ribbon, but no ornaments. I put it in the dormer facing the road, so you can see it outside!
This is a smaller tree I put up in the kitchen. We call it the "Grandma Tree" because it has all of our Grandmother's antique glass ornaments on it. I used old fashioned lights, and tinsel, too. We are so fortunate to both have a few of our family's ornaments!
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
|What American accent do you have? |
Your Result: North Central
|The Inland North|
|What'>http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have">What American accent do you have?|
Quiz'>http://www.gotoquiz.com/">Quiz Created on GoToQuiz
Okay, so they guessed me to a tee. I live a mile from Canada..what do they expect? I sound half French Canadian/half English Canadian...eh?? No doot aboot it!!
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
This is a very exciting time for my family! My older brother and his wife welcomed their newest edition, a daughter into their family late last week! My new niece is beautiful. I can't wait to see her again! What a wonderful Christmas gift this has been! Her name is Miriam Grace, and she weighed 8 pounds, and measured 22 inches long! In the first pic, my Dad, Pa to all his grandkids, gets to meet his newest granddaughter. Proud Papa? Me thinks so!! My dad also has THE biggest hands I have ever seen, so I thought the hand photo was appropriate...THAT will be a layout, for sure....and a black and white version would be perfect on a welcome baby card!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Saturday, December 09, 2006
I have been tagged by Godelieve! The rules say I have to list 6 weird things about myself. This should be easy enough!
1. My middle name is Rae, not Lou. Kerilou is a nickname my next door neighbor gave me! My mom chose the name Rae for two men she admired growing up.
2. I have a mild obsession with Charles Schultz' "Peanuts" characters...
3. I am a smeller...I drive my DH nuts! "What IS that smell?" "Do you smell that?" "I smell something gross." "Something stinks." And I do have a radar nose...I can smell something bad a week before someone else can.
4. I have a hat festish. Baseball caps, cowboy hats, touques/tuques, I love hats! My mom gets embarrassed, because the more unflattering the hat, the better. I am on a quest for the perfect fur lined ear flapper hat to get me through the winter. She says she won't be seen with me if I wear it! A lot of heat escapes from the top of the head, I am just staying warm. It gets cold up this way! She says I go to far when I wear them around the house and to bed. Whatever!!
5. I love to eat plain rippled potato chips dipped in barbeque sauce.
6. I have an issue with chapstick and ponytail bands. I can't keep track of them. They are a main staple in my life, spread from one end of my house to the other, yet one is never to be found when needed.
So there they are. Now, I get to tag someone else! So...
Friday, December 08, 2006
I always love to see message board posts, and scrapbook layouts, of everyone's special Christmas tree ornaments. When I was putting the finishing touches on the main tree yesterday, I thought I would take a few pictures of my own to share with you! When everything is decorated and in order, I will post some more pics of the whole tree, etc. I made some of these ornaments as gifts a few years ago, keeping a set for myself of course, and some others were made since then. The angel is made out of wired ribbon, and one glass ball one is a floating ornament. You just stamp on a round cut out of transparency, roll up, and insert into the clear glass ball...the transparency gives the illusion of a floating image! DS and I just made the rolled paper ornaments this week. They are pretty self explainatory! Just roll your patterned paper strips into coils, and insert them into the clear ball! I especially love all the handpainted ones, my mom does her tree in all homemade ornaments, so she hangs her set faithfully every year! My favorite is the sled with the snowman face on it. So cute!! Happy Holidays!