Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Heritage...

After the tiny rant I had yesterday, if I didn't scare you away, I thought I would share a few heritage pages with you. Nancy has me so inspired! These were done long ago, and are not nearly as well put together as hers, but they are mine, and I love them just the same! I also love the old photographs because it takes me back to a time when things were simpler. Not that they thought they were, my Grandparents thought we were going to hell in a handbasket 30 years ago!! These are my Dad's Parents, Lyle and Bertha Brooks. Pa has been gone for 16 years, Grandma for 22. Seems like yesterday!

This is Lyle and Bertha with my Dad and his brother and sisters when they were kids. I love this photo, my aunts have Nellie Olsen curls! I am so glad when I look at these photos that we have them. So many people don't have access to old family photos, or just don't care. This is another one I did YEARS ago. I have a really hard time with heritage pages, so I try to keep them simple.
This last one is of my Grandfather, Lyle, on the farm. I love the candid-ness of it. I LOVE to remember him this way, even though this was far before I knew him. The only way I knew him was in a house in town after we took over the farm, or in a nursing home. There were no bib overalls, just regular clothes, a baseball game, and a candy dish!


Have a great Wednesday, all! --Kerilou

3 comments:

Vintage Papers said...

your heritage layouts are so gorgeous! isn't it fun working with old photos! :)

Lisa Renéa said...

Keri! Love your heritage pages! Nancy is such an inspiration! Your on a roll, keep up the great works!

Tracy said...

i know what you mean about nancy's pages - i keep chekcin the gallery at 2peas for more! and YOU missy - you ake think you have a hard time with heritage pages but on this end they dont look like you've got trouble at all ! they're beautiful. and thanks for posting them - i like to see the pages as much as i do the other fun stuff. lovely, focus on the photo, pages... wow what a concept - :-)