Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Flowers for a Friend



Good Wednesday morning! In honor of spring FINALLY arriving in Upstate NY, I made a floral card. I am having such a good time moving from flower bed to flower bed, discovering perennials peeking out for another year! Many that just got planted or transplanted last year have shown their faces, and I am so comforted to know they survived! My lupines made it, as well as the hollyhocks. My clematis shows growth daily, and my newly transplanted trumpet vine made it through the winter!

Here is what I used for this card:

SU! Print Pattern and Flowers for a Friend

Cardstock and Inks include SU! Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal, and Barely Banana.

I also used SU! Whisper White CS and Ancient Page Charcoal Black ink.

I distressed the edges of the cardstock with the matching ink color, and I really like how it turned out. Guess I should get started on Mother's Day cards now, huh? Have a great day!--Keri

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Love the colors you used in this card. So warm and sunny!

Raquel said...

I love the colors. You did a great job.

Babsarella said...

Beautiful!!! Pink and yellow is one of my favorite color combos!!!

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

Hi Keri, lovely as always ! Aida

Swamp Tulip said...

Absolutely stunning. I love the colors you chose. I am also celebrating that Spring is finally here in Upstate NY! We haven't had snow for at least two weeks! :)

Teresa

Tracy said...

oh this is very pretty. i like that color combo.

Tonje said...

Lovely colors and layout on this card. Love it! Spring har definitly not arrived here in Norway. We thought it had, but then it turned so icecold again!! Still hoping for warmer weather!