Friday, August 15, 2008

Birthday Wishes..

Good Friday morning! I never got to post yesterday! I actually worked yesterday,and my legs and feet ached so bad that I didn't get much done after that! The weather is supposed to be really nice, so there will probably be a lot of wood cutting going on here! Fall will be here before we know it.
I just *have* to share this link with you all. This has to be the coolest thing I have seen in a long time! Click here to see the John Deere birthday cake!

Below is a pic that Cody took of me and Miss Brodie Blue. See? No hard feelings about the fat lip! She loves to hang out with me at night in front of the TV. Once she settles down, that is!


My niece Sabrina has a birthday coming up! Her party is Sunday afternoon, so I made this card for her last night! SU! Sweet Treats is one of my all time favorite stamp sets. That cake stamp is so cute! This card follows Sketch Challenge 188, and Color Combo Challenge 138. Recipe follows!
Stamps: SU! Sweet Treats, SU! Linen Background, Purple Onion Designs sentiment

Ink: SU! So Saffron, Staz On, Jet Black

Cardstock:SU! So Saffron, SU! Real Red, SU! Tempting Turquoise, GP White

Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder, SU! Round Tab Punch

Ribbon-Michael's

Adhesive-Mono Multi Liquid Glue

Image was colored using Prismacolors, Windsor and Newton Sansador and blending stumps.

Clear Glaze Pen for Candle Flames, and Clear Stardust Pen for stamp outline.

**I went over the entire stamped image's black lines with the stardust pen. It is not visible from the image shown here, but it really gives it a shine in the light!**

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great Friday!

**Keri**

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Great job on the card. That cake is too cute! I would love to learn cake decorating!

Cute pooch!! I love pooches :)