Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Latest Creation...

So, I mentioned last week on my Etsy post, that I had some new creations in this crazy maze I call my brain...Geri from Saddlepotatoes had given me a suggestion for some barn signs, and I decided to run with it, and see what I could come up with...and anyone that knows me, knows that once I get a picture of something in my head, I am not satisfied until I get it created!!
So, I just happened to have some old boards laying around--okay, so Daddy just sent them home with Peter and I a couple weeks ago, and as soon as Geri suggested barn signs, these boards had a purpose! The board for the initial one I made, came from a 100+ year old church pew. Re-purposed? Re-cycled? YUP! And what has more character than an old piece of wood--who knows what kind of stories it could tell..It even has remnants of an old square nail in it! The back is covered in brown paint, but the front is the original wood (underside of the seat) and it was barely touched before I painted it. Just a VERY light sanding...I painted, sanded lightly again, and sprayed it with matte sealer. The wire hanger I added is old rusty wire, to add a bit more character! Everything in my house is pretty much mismatched, antique, or just plain old, so this would fit in well! I think I will make one for myself, and make some for the Etsy store, with several different sayings on them...What do YOU think??

Have a great night!

**Keri**

4 comments:

glitzen said...

Its great!! What wonderful wood! I cannot wait to see what you come up with next. :)

Sally said...

Very cute. You did a great job on that old wood.

Lisa Renéa said...

Fabulous! Great way to recycle and create art. Love the quote. Makes it all the more special being on the old pew wood. Very cool.

Babsarella said...

AMAZING!!! Love how you reused this great wood, and the painting is superb. Love it!