Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Cody's Treasure Hunt Birthday

Happy Election Day!! Have you voted yet?? I went already this morning, to my polling station. Three ladies, and TWO machines!! They now have a machine for handicapped people. COOL! Believe it or not, I actually had to wait in line. There were 4 people ahead of me! I bet I waited at least 2 or 3 minutes! Any wait at my polling place is highly unusual!

So, last Saturday, we hosted a Treasure Hunt in honor of the Code-Man's birthday. I wanted to do something fun that the kids had never done before. With his birthday so late in the season, the weather isn't always the greatest. Thankfully, we took the chance and the weather was cool, but calm and sunny!
I made a slideshow of photos from that day. Cody had 6 friends/cousins over to hang out.
I made all the clues for the treasure hunt, and printed them out on red cardstock. Peter and I went out earlier that morning and hid all the clues so the boys would have a bit of a challenge. They were under rocks, hidden in old dead stumps, anywere an everywhere. We gave them the first clue, and they took it from there. It took nearly 2 hours to complete the hunt, but at the end, each boy found a laser pointer/LED flashlight hidden in the crevices of our wood pile. Some of the clues stumped them more than others, but they had a ball! I had fun coming up with the clues-it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It was a great day. Hope you like the slideshow!



Have a great day!
**Keri**

3 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

Hello Keri!
I've been meaning to leave you a comment for quite some time! I've been enjoying all your posts...Snow! Gads...
Wonderful photos.. what an awesome treasure hunt! The scenery is just spectacular...a very adventurous hunt! We did one for my son's 9th birthday, Indiana Jones style... I think treasure hunts are a great idea for boys!!!!! I am very impressed that yours lasted 2 hours! Way to go mom!

Anonymous said...

What a lucky boy to have parents like you to show him such fun. How many kids these days at 13 get to enjoy the great out doors and do a treasure hunt? Thanks for sharing. Pat from the Capital City of South Dakota.

Lisa Renéa said...

OH MY STARS!!! IS THAT STEWIE ON THE CAKE??? I'm laughing so hard I could cry! Happy Birthday Code-Man!
(ker, it's so funny, I gave Dakota a Stewie, b'day card in Aug--LOL)