Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Latest Work...

Well, everyone knows I have been MIA lately. I have been fighting allergies, and a bit under the weather, but I have also been working on the *biggest* project I have ever done!
A couple weeks back, I got a call from Kim-(her hubby and my hubby are cousins) asking me if I thought I could paint a design on her daughter Emma's bedroom walls, to match some furniture they had recently gotten for her. They re-decoratied Emma's room, cause yesterday, she turned ONE! They thought it was high time Emma had a girlie girl's bedroom! They had the cutest toy chest, and table and chairs set, with butterflies and daisy faces on it. I took patterns off the furniture, and got to work! It took me a week off and on, but I finished last night, and it is SO adorable!
They painted the walls pink ahead of time, so I had a wonderful blank canvas to work with. Here are several photos from different views of the room, along with a close up of one of the butterflies:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We also put her name up on the wall, in between the two windows..
Photobucket
It took about 15 hours to complete, from beginning to end. I added some brush on glitter here and there, on the name, and on the butterflies and daisies, for a little sparkle. It comes in a 2 oz. bottle and is in liquid form, so once it is brushed on, and dries, it won't flake off.
She was very happy with the results! It was a great experience, and something that I have always wanted to do, but never had the opportunity. So thanks, Kim, for believing that I could do it!! I appreciate the opportunity!
Happy Birthday, Emma!Photobucket
xo
**Keri**

19 comments:

Sue McGettigan said...

Wow Keri, that's a huge project, good for you!! Little Emma is so cute, and she certainly has a girly room now!

Lisa Renéa said...

A real girly room! Cute stuff!

JudyB said...

That is one little lucky 1 year old! I hope that she enjoys it! Hopefully, your allergies are easing up! All of that dust and what not in the house from the remodel is not helping, I bet!!!! Talk soon!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a terrific, personalized gift that was. Nice job.

Helena said...

Cute! Great job!

Barb said...

That looks like quite an undertaking, but you did a great job!

Marissa said...

This is an awesome room!!! You did a great job!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Keri is a cutie patootie! Wonderful job.

Marlene (cards4u) said...

How sweet - love your butterflies!!

Wendy said...

Wow! Great job! The butterflies are SO cute!! :)

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That room looks lovely - you did a wonderful job. You must be so proud. Well done.

Cheryl Walker said...

WOW you did a wonderful job on little Emmas room!!! She is a doll!!!:)

Great job on your project hun!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Michelle said...

aww how sweet! and the baby is even sweeter...
you did a wonderful job with this BIG project...TFS!

Unknown said...

A fab room. Those butterflies are adorable.

tina said...

what a cute room for a real cutie-pie! Great work :D

Kim said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful work you did for our little Emma's room. She still makes us take her to each and every butterfly so she can touch it. She loves it and so do we. We could not have asked for a better job done. You did such a good job even with a 4 year old and a 1 year old at your feet. You gave us a gift that will last a long time. Thanks again. The room is completly done with curtains and all so I will send pictures.

Kim said...

Thank you so much for the beautiful work you did for our little Emma's room. She still makes us take her to each and every butterfly so she can touch it. She loves it and so do we. We could not have asked for a better job done. You did such a good job even with a 4 year old and a 1 year old at your feet. You gave us a gift that will last a long time. Thanks again.

Veronica said...

Great job on Emma's room!

Snowsmoon said...

I found you through the Memorial Day Hop and the room turned out so CUTE. I was looking at the photos and something caught my eye, that I would like to have made for a very special grandma of one of my grandsons. The afghan with the photo of the baby....where can I find it???? if you know and could so kindly email me, please? I would love get one for Xander's other Grandma. It is her only grandchild and mostly he will be her only!

Thank you so much, ahead of time.
Dawn aka Snowsmoon's Design

snowsmoon2@gmail.com

Happy belated Birthday, Emma!