Thursday, May 07, 2009

Sunshine on a rainy day...

Well, it seems the April showers have decided to put up a fight, and drag their heels as long as they can! We are now a full week into May, and we have seen several days of rain already! I did manage to take a few pictures of my daffodils on one sunny day, they have been blooming for more than a week already! I know, I have been really lacking in the crafty department lately...I have some more cards to post, I just need some good daylight to photograph them! These dark, dreary days do nothing for taking a good pic in the natural light!
Many of these daffodils, I dug up and brought with me from town when me moved out here, 9 years ago. There are also some tulips and grape hyacinths in white and purple mixed in. THEN I had a really good offer from a catalog about 3 years ago, and got another bunch-a hybridizers mix..and planted them around my other flower beds in the yard. I *LOVE* the white ones with the pink centers the best! I have a really great assortment, I just wished they bloomed longer! I get all my bulbs from Brecks--a bit pricey, but in my opinion dutch bulbs are one of those "you get what you pay for" things. And the company is really great about replacing for FREE anything that gets eaten, killed, etc. NO QUESTIONS ASKED! You can't go wrong! I just placed a huge order for my Dad a couple of days ago-we will have about 200 bulbs to plant for him in the fall!! They are SO WORTH IT!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
So, I hope you enjoyed my little walk through the daffodils. Back to regularly scheduled programming tomorrow (aka hunting photos)!
Have a Blessed Day!
**Keri**

2 comments:

glitzen said...

You had me at DAFFODILS! Keri, I knew I loved you...these are my absolute favorite flower in the world. They are just so happy! :) Their little faces, awwwwwwwww. They were even my wedding flower. I had a black and white polka dot wedding, with daffies. LOVED IT!

JudyB said...

I am amazed...Breck's! They do have beautiful stuff!!!