Monday, April 30, 2007

Seeds of Kindness Set of 4


I wanted to be creative last night. But I didn't want a huge mess, and it was getting late. I went and pulled a few colors of cardstock, a set of my favorite stamps from SU!, and the basics like glue, paper trimmer, and some coordinating ink. My goal was to create a set of cards that coordinated, but were all different, without having to use a lot of embellishments, and extra thought! The set I used is SU!'s retired Seeds of Kindness. It is one of my favorite sets, and so fun to stamp! I also used Wonderful Words II on the bottom left example. For all these cards, I used Marigold Morning, Mellow Moss, and white cardstock. I used Marigold Morning, Summer Sun, Mellow Moss, and Going Gray Ink pads, and the only tools I used besides glue and my trimmer were a 1/4" hole punch, and SU!'s slit punch. The slit punch doubled as a ticket corner punch on the top left example. Just watch yourself, those little corners fly!! I used the traditional dandelion colors, but I have used this set many times, and it looks good in any color you stamp it in. I did 2 of each of these cards for a total of 8, and it took me probably an hour, in front of the TV. I just wanted to confirm the fact that is is possible to create some simple cards without having all the latest and greatest, and still have them look pretty. Now it is back to work, and I will only be able to *think* about stamping/scrapping, until some free time hits me again! Have a great day! --Keri

3 comments:

Dymphie said...

Love all the different cards you made with these stamps. Wonderful work.

Jacqueline said...

Oh boy - these are just beautiful !!

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

They are beautiful !!!